Bowman is the Premier Manufacturer of World Class, American-Made XRF Instruments for Semiconductor Applications
No industry has evolved more than semiconductor devices. Consumer demands for smaller, faster, cheaper, and more reliable devices require constant redesigns. Bowman has adapted and refined its strategies to meet these demands.
Bowman XRF coating thickness measure a wide range of semiconductor applications including
- Electroless Nickel
- Titanium/Titanium Alloys
- Tin/Tin Alloys (SnPb, SnAg, AuSn, SnAgCu)
- Au/NiP/Cu/Si (ENIG)
- Au/Pd/NiP/Cu/Si (ENEPIG)
Bowman has 3 models engineered for the work environments of the wafer/packaging industries. These models are the O, M, and W Series. They represent a broad range of chassis sizes, sample stage size and travel, x-ray spot size, video cameras, and other features.
All 3 have these important standard features:
- Superior close-coupled geometry layout of the X-ray tube and detector, providing more than three times higher photon counts compared to competitive equipment. As a result, Bowman systems achieve lower detection limits and higher precision with shorter measurement times.
- Robust X-ray Tube – industry’s most reliable! Stable, long-life tube has lower filament current. Innovative design minimizes spot position drift caused by temperature changes over time.
- µ-Spot Poly-Capillary Optics with beam size from 80 µm down to 7.5 µm FWHM for small feature analysis. Achieves greater than a hundred times higher flux than a collimation system at equal distance from the source.
- High precision programmable sample stage with a variety of size and travel options ranging up to 600mm x 600mm travel and precision down to +/- 1 µm for fast and repeatable automated measurement to accommodate a wide range of sample sizes
- High-performance SDD Detector with graphene window for greatest sensitivity and resolution. Light elements such as aluminum and phosphorous are detectable even at low levels. Excellent repeatability even with very short test times.
- Advanced Software is uniquely user-friendly; one stable, proven platform for all Bowman models.
- Compliance with ASTM B568, DIN 50987, ISO 3497, and IPC 4552/4556
Intuitive, Feature-rich Software
The software interface is what allows operators to get the most from an XRF system. Operators have multiple tasks to perform, and struggling with a complicated test protocol shouldn’t slow them down. Bowman developed software with the operator in mind – and it makes all the difference!
- Industry’s most intuitive user interface. Designed to minimize errors, it is icon-driven, with customizable shortcut keys, flexible data display and output, and a one-click report generator.
- Full feature access without restrictions. The full software suite is provided standard with each system. It provides unlimited access for creating new applications or recipes; no added software required.
- Coating thickness, alloy ID, and solutions analysis capabilities are built into ALL Bowman systems to maximize XRF’s analytical capacities. Measure up to 5 coating layers, 30 elements in any layer, and even identify the alloy grade for metal sorting. Plating bath solution analysis is a fast way to measure concentration without dilution, digestion, or titration.
- Data management for secure and organized reporting. All data is automatically saved with a time and date stamp. Data is stored locally and can be manually or automatically exported to a network folder, SECS/GEM, or SPC system. Customizable Excel-based report templates and searchable database allows data to be retrieved and presented easily.
- Laser auto focus is the fastest on the market. Z axis achieves focus position in less than a second, preventing sample misplacement between operators. This feature can be applied to multi-point programs to adjust for warpage on the fly.
- Pattern recognition capability ensures perfect beam centering on very small features. Feature images are stored and matched with stage position adjustments, allowing truly automated programming with precise measurement locations.
Need Help? LET’S TALK